- This event has passed.
A New Front in Myeloma Therapy and an Emerging Complication in Blood Bank Testing
21 April 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm UTC+5.5
12pm IST | 4:30pm AEST | 8:30am CEST | 2:30am ET | 7:30am UTC
Level of Instruction: Intermediate
Dr. Rajesh Sawant
Consultant, Transfusion Medicine & Histocompatibility & Immunogenetics
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital
Dr. Rasika Setia
Associate Director & HOD, Transfusion Medicine,
BLK Max Super Speciality Hospital Pusa Road,
New Delhi, India
- The use of monoclonal therapies are likely to increase in frequency as more patients are successfully treated and more therapies are approved.
- Mechanism of action of Daratumumab - Guidance from AABB for the same.
- Discuss about what kind of issues we are facing during serological investigations and how to overcome them.(Emerging Complications & Cause of Interference)
- Mitigation strategies for these therapies, while effective, are time consuming and inefficient.
- Define, how we can reduce interference of the monoclonal therapies in pre-transfusion testing through Capture® Technology (Strategies for Resolving Interferences).