Immucor’s Capture-R Ready-ID product line offers automated identification of red blood cell antibodies. Reagent red blood cells are bound to test wells at the time of manufacture so there are no liquid reagent red blood cells to manage. Capture technology is IgG specific and provides high sensitivity for clinically significant antibodies, without the noise of IgM antibodies.
Benefits of Capture Technology:
Ease of Use
- Ready to use reagents
- Antigens are pre-coated on microwells
- No special pipettes or precision pipetting
- Consistent procedures across assays
- Long shelf life for better inventory management
Performance & Productivity
- IgG specific technology
- High sensitivity for clinically significant RBC antibodies – compares to enzyme methods without the added work
- Multiple assays for red blood cells, platelet and CMV
- Comprehensive and broad automated test menu with quick turnaround times and high throughput
- A wash step allows for the use of slightly lipemic or hemolyzed samples
- Reports describe the use of Immucor products to help mitigate interference with monoclonal antibody therapies1,2
- Run single sample or a full batch
Multiple options in automated identification of red blood cell antibodies:
||The primary Ready-ID 2x8 strips contain test wells coated with the red cell membranes of 14 O single donors. The donors are selected to possess most of the frequently inherited antigens. |
||Capture-R Ready-ID Extend I
||D positive panel: 2x8 strips contain test wells coated with D-positive red cell membranes of 14 group O single donors. |
||Capture-R Ready-ID Extend II
||D negative panel: 2x8 strips contain test wells coated with D-negative red cell membranes of 13 group O single donors and 1 D-positive red cell membrane of a group O single donor. |
Consistent and Accurate Manufacturing:
- Immucor has a rich supply of donors. Our database of over 10,000 typed donors is utilized to create the best antigen profile on every lot.
- Our donors are phenotyped by two separate laboratories using unique reagents.
- We apply our experience with molecular immunohematology (MIH) to enhance the value of our serological products. Each donor’s full antigen profile, including extended antigen typing by DNA analysis is provided on the Supplemental Unit Typings (SUT) with each antibody identification panel.