Platelet Antibody Screening
Platelet detection allows laboratories to determine compatibility between patient and donor prior to platelet transfusion. Our complete portfolio includes a variety of products for platelet antibody screening.
Capture-P® & Capture-P® Ready-Screen®
Platelet Detection with Options for Your Lab
Immucor’s complete platelet portfolio consists of two Capture-P products that allow your laboratory to complete platelet antibody detection (e.g., antibody screening or crossmatching) with the same methodology utilized for your routine red cell antibody screening.
- Detects platelet-specific and HLA antibodies
- Test wells are coated with platelets from 13 different donors so no platelets are required for testing
- Utilized for platelet antibody detection (e.g., antibody screening or crossmatching)
- Provides quick results – samples are screened in as little as 25 minutes
HLA/HPA Antibody Detection Assays for Improved Patient Care
- The PakPlus assay allows a user to detect antibodies that bind to the platelet-specific glycoproteins (IIb/IIIa, Ib/IX, Ia/IIa and IV) and Class I HLA.
- Detecting these antibodies offers the clinician the potential to better identify compatible blood products and improve patient care.
Save Time - Get Multiple Results With One Reaction
- Immucor’s Pak Lx product is a Luminex® based assay designed to detect and differentiate between IgG antibodies to Human Platelet Antigen (HPA-1, HPA-2, HPA-3, HPA-4, HPA-5, and GPIV) and Human Leukocyte Antigen (HLA) Class I in human serum.
- Data analysis is performed using the MATCH IT!® Platelet Antibody Software.
MATCH IT! Platelet Antibody Analysis Software
Streamline Your Data Analysis
The MATCH IT! Platelet Antibody Software is an accessory required for the evaluation of test results from Immucor’s Pak Lx Assay.
- Ability to differentiate at the HPA level
- Various reporting options and formats
- Automatic import of data into MATCH IT! Software – streamlining workflow for easy results interpretation
Product offerings may differ by region, please check with your local Immucor representative for regulatory status in your area.
PakAuto is not available in the United States.
Pak Lx is For Research Use Only in the United States.
Raeann Thomas, Blood Bank Technical Supervisor, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, USA
Kevin Elman, Transfusion Services Coordinator, North Colorado Medical Center, USA
Don-Dolcetto Ngilisho, Laboratory Services Officer, Tanzania National Blood Transfusion Service
Lisa Knapp, MT(ASCP), Blood Bank Coordinator, Bozeman Health Deaconess Hospital
Kerry Dowling, Blood Transfusion Laboratory Manager, Southampton General Hospital University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust, United Kingdom
Alexis Crisp, MLS (ASCP) CMSBB, Blood Bank Supervisor, Avera McKennan Hospital and University Health Center